Monday, February 9, 2009

There's no place like home






I went to my parent’s house last night for my brother’s birthday dinner. He’s 31 (or at least he will be on the 12th) and the oldest of the family. Every year it’s the same thing, delicious greasy taco’s and the inevitable heartburn to follow. I am sure that the beer I have while packing (a seemingly weekly tradition now) doesn’t help prevent this either.

I have admittedly come to appreciate home more since my recent string of travel. What is home? Is it the physical one bedroom concrete building, lead-painted place I call an apartment…or is it more. I have always enjoyed living in Salt Lake, claiming that someday I would move on to bigger and better… But I am finding how much this place means to me…it’s home. My family, friends, bed, car, hang-outs are here…this is what I call home. Even the Salt Lake International Airport holds a special place in my heart now, I know where to find a slice of Sbarro’s pizza or a urinal when needed. So…is home what’s familiar? What I know? A feeling of belonging? Some food for thought…

Well…I am off to Las Vegas to observe my first RLC. I am excited yet feel incredibly un-prepared (seems to be a common feeling with this job so far). Wish me luck, I am sure I will be posting something this week.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, FINALLY you're back. This traveling business is killing our relationship. Thank goodness for voice notes via Blackberry.... MANGOS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! Welcome to the blogging world. It's the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blogger... How are you? Looks like you are living quite the exciting life. If you ever come home we need to get together for lunch.

    ReplyDelete