Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Awkward Dinner

I am in Atlanta for a FSOS conference (Franchise Service & Operation Support) and tonight attended a "rotation dinner". This dinner is designed to get a small group of people together from different departments to network. Let's just say, I was definitely the bottome of the totem pole.

We had a series of flash cards with engaging questions that was suppose to lead to insiteful conversation. Questions would range from "what time period would you live in" to "if you could be watching a T.V. show right now, what would it be?".

I tried to put some depth in my answers but everyone else seemed to be in the lead for Miss America.

"If you had $10,000 what would you do with it?" My answer was to travel, and have a memorable extravagant vacation. The other answers consisted of "donate to charity" "cure my nephew's cancer" and "Isn't it funny how little $10,000 seems now? I have that sitting in my chacking account...". Mind you, these people were Directors of such and such... I felt like the assistant to a housekeeper compared to them.... Needless to say, I am not a wine drinker, but the 2 glasses I had were not nearly enough to make that dinner less tweird (yea, that's right Tweird..Totally Wierd). As much as I enjoy repeating conversations about infant cancer with my lobster ravioli dish...I would have perfered Del Taco in my room while watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. Did I mention we were at Macaroni Grill....YEA...freakin Macaroni Grill....

Anywho, I suppose the experience of stepping outside of my comfort level was just another of those "adult" learning experiences that I need. Really...a free meal (even if it is greezy Mac Grill) is a free meal, so I can't complain.

Alright y'all I am going to bed...I am exahusted! I miss the days of knowing what the hell I was doing day to day...

Bringing you love from the freezing cold "Hotlanta"... Hit me up!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Scott! i found your blog off of Camille's! I am excited to read about what you are up to! Next time you are in town we really need to get together like we talked about in Dec! Hope things are good!


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have that much in the bank, don't you?

    ReplyDelete