Monday, February 16, 2009

The not so Sin City

SO... I was in Las Vegas last week for a "Stay Real" workshop. It was an amazing experience. Not to get too detailed about it...General Managers and hotel Guest Experince Champions sign up to attend these workshops on the service culture that IHG is putting in place for the Holiday Inn re-launch...(ok, I am now crossed eyed and have n0-idea what I am saying).
ANYWHO... It was a great experience. I was with Chad from San Fran (who has been mentor extrodinair) and Twanda (who I think we were related in a past life).
The class was great, definitely presented some challenges that I will have to work on, but also built a lot of confindence that IHG didn't make a total ass-backwards decision to hire me for the job.
For being in Vegas for the week, I didn't really have much time (or energy) to get out and see the town...see mom, I can be responsible. I did however, get one great night on the strip with my fellow facilitators (it was Twanda's first time in the city of sin).
Let me explain the balloon picture...there was this creepy (but well meaning) clown in an electric wheelchair who insisted on making be and T a hat and Chad a...belt... He called me Mary Ann and smelled like bacon... Nonetheless an interesting night. Throw in a yardstick "Octane 190" and a little bit of rain, and you have the most exciting night for me in Vegas.
I am in the A-T-L now for a conference...and well...it aint so hot, BUT I am getting to meet some great people.
More stories to come, I promise to get better at keeping this thing up-dated!































P.S. I am still getting to know the ways of the blog so sorry if this looks a little DUM.



1 comment: