Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Job...




SO...the reason why I started this blog is because I got myself a new job. I recently (the past few years) have been involved in the hotel world and LOVE IT! So many new people to meet and no one day is like the other. I started out at the Hotel Monaco (Salt Lake City) working in their resaurant, then on the The Grand America Hotel (also Salt Lake City) working in the Convnetions department. My last stop was at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center where I was the Event Services Manager. I loved working in the Events arena, very exciting.




I recently accepted a job with InterContinental Hotels Group as a Brand Service Consultant for the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express Brands.




People are always asking what it is I do...good questions, I hope one day I can answer that for myself...




In a Nutshell:




IHG is re-launching the Holiday Inn brands (we all know Holiday Inn for being a little old fashion and somewhat ghetto, right?). The re-launch will include full renovations on the inside and out, and also change the service aspect as well (enter SQuigley).


I will be training (a.k.a. facilitation) General Manager and Guest Experience Champions from hotels across the country on the new service culture (Stay Real) as well as making personal visits to hotels in my region to consult and coach them on improving guest experiences.




Still confused??? Me too.




I travel frequently, although my home office is still based here in Salt Lake City, UT.




So...there you have it, a very quick and focused overview of what I get paid to do...

1 comment:

  1. Ahem! So you still get hotel discounts huh Scottie boy?? By the way, this is Traci, I added you on my blog as a friend, hope you do not care that I am stalking you.. =)

    ReplyDelete