Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sometime you feel like a nut...

Viva New Mexico... I guess.





This is it, go time. I am on my own here in New Mexico doin' my thing this week. I started in Las Cruces... college town near the Mexican & Texan border. It was ok, nothing great although I did eat dinner at La Posta which is an authentic Mexican restaraunt that has a bird sanctuary in their lobby...Parrots and burritos, yum.




Next was Alamogordo, fun little town, I stayed the night but was so beat I stayed in and went to bed early (mom, if your reading this, don't think that you "told me so"). This morning I had a great visit with the hotel and felt like I actually earned some of my paycheck. After a quick parking-lot lunch at Arby's I was on to Ruidoso. But before I left Alamogordo, I couldn't resist stopping by the world's largest pistachio nut...yep...you heard me right, the world's largest pistachio nut...right here in scenic Alamogordo NM.





Ruidoso, was even smaller then the first two towns. It's claim to fame is horse racing, and if they get snow...skiing. Had a great convo with them and got to see 2 week old twin girls...very cute and ridiculously tiny.





Now I am in Socorro which is right past San Antonio...no not San Antonio TX...San Antonio NM...can we talk about this for a minute? Why does New Mexico feel like it can trick people into coming to their state by naming their one street towns after large metro cities??? San Antonio...the biggest thing there is a billboard for the Shell station...Las Vegas NM...no fountain shows, show girls, or even any sign of fun to be honest... New Mexico...Stop it...ok...Stop pretending your something your not. Let people come visit you for the cacti and large pistachio nut... deal???





Hope all is well in your land. Hit me up!

3 comments:

  1. haha you went back and got a picture? or was that one you found! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I would go for the pseudo big city names, where else can you go to Vegas, get the bird flu in a restaurant, San Antonio in all in day AND see a big pistachio nut. I think someone needs to learn to upsell their cities a little better. Interesting if I do say so me-self.

    ReplyDelete